As part of the functionality of our site and the way it operates, CrowdSec attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data and takes all reasonable precautions to ensure their protection.
The purpose of these policies is to inform you about what we do with the personal data and information you wish to entrust to us, why we collect them and how we ensure their security.
In the following, we use the terms "personal data", "personal data" and "personal information" to refer to information that identifies you personally (last names, first names, business addresses, etc.) or, as in this case, data that is linked to you (answers to questions on our forms), as well as to data about your connection to or browsing of our site (if applicable, IP address, date and time of connection).
We are now pleased to inform you that the way we use our cookies complies with French regulations and that we carry out an audience tracking not involving the services offered by the tool Google Analytics.
CrowdSec is a Société par actions simplifiée (SAS), with a share capital of 318,896 euros, registered in the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under the number 880 140 496, whose registered office is located at 20 rue Maurice Arnoux, 92120, Montrouge, France.
We are the data controller within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter "GDPR"), for the collection and processing of cookies carried out on the website https://www.crowdsec.net.
As such, we undertake to comply with the framework of the legal provisions in force and in particular to take all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy and relevance of Personal Data with regard to the purposes for which CrowdSec processes them.
You can change the choices you have made about cookies in relation to your browsing on our site by going to the dedicated popup that can be accessed at any time by clicking on the orange tick at the bottom left of each page of our website.
2. What is a cookie? A "cookie" is a small information file sent to the User's browser and stored within the User's terminal (e.g. computer, smartphone). The information stored by cookies includes the pages visited, the type of browser you are using, your IP address, and even the information you have entered on a site so that you do not have to re-enter it. Cookies are in no way likely to damage the User's terminal. They are created for a limited time when a user's browser loads a particular website: the site sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the website's server.
For more information on cookies, please consult the CNIL information page: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/.
3. What cookies do we use?
Cookies can be session-specific, being stored in your browser only during your browsing session, i.e. until you leave the site, at which point they are deleted. Some of them may also be persistent: they remain in your browser after the session (unless you specifically delete them).
We use two types of cookies: - Essential cookies. These are the cookies that are essential because they allow the site to function properly (forms, site language, etc.) or to store your choice in terms of cookies. For this reason, if you refuse to accept cookies on your terminal or browser, or delete the ones that are stored there, your navigation and experience on the https://www.crowdsec.net website may be limited. This could also be the case when Crowdsec or one of its service providers cannot recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. This type of cookie also includes the management of your choice of cookies (via the Axeptio solution).The use of these cookies is based on our legitimate interest: they are intended to improve the functioning of our site and to ensure its proper operation. We are the only ones to use them and they are kept for a period of 13 months;
- A cookie for marketing analysis of traffic and content use (provider Hubspot). It requires your explicit consent to be implemented and is kept for a period of 13 months.
4. Do you need to consent to the placement of cookies?
This depends on the cookies considered. In accordance with applicable legislation and CNIL guidelines, we will obtain your prior consent before depositing cookies that require it, in this case Hubspot marketing analysis cookies.
At any time, you can choose to express and modify your cookie wishes via our dedicated popup (see below).
Finally, by clicking on the icons dedicated to social networks such as Twitter, Linkedin and Youtube appearing on the https://www.crowdsec.net website and if you have specifically accepted that they do so, these networks may also deposit cookies on your terminals (computer, tablet, mobile phone).
5. How do you set your cookies?
We offer a popup dedicated to this purpose, accessible from all pages of the site by clicking on the orange tick at the bottom left of each page of our website.
You also have the possibility to intervene directly on the settings of your internet browser. Your browser's help menu will tell you how to express or change your cookie preferences, bearing in mind that you can delete any cookies that are already on your computer and you can configure most browsers to prevent them from appearing. In this case, however, you may have to manually set certain preferences each time you visit a site and some services and features may not work.
For more general information on cookies and how to disable them in your browser, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
In addition, the help menu of your browser will allow you to know how to express or modify your preferences regarding cookies: For Safari™; For Chrome™; For Firefox™.
6. What are your rights? In accordance with Article 13 and Articles 15 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we shall endeavour to enable you to exercise your rights with regard to the personal data you entrust to us. In this respect, and within the limits provided for by the texts, you benefit from the possibility: - to be informed in a comprehensible way about the processing of your data that is carried out; - to request access to your data; - request that your data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete; - to request the deletion of your data; - to object to or request a restriction of the processing of your data; - to exercise your right to data portability concerning connection information linked to "Marketing Analysis" type cookies; - to provide instructions on the retention, deletion and disclosure of your personal data after your death; - to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time insofar as consent is the legal basis for the processing in question, i.e. "Marketing Analysis" type cookies.
7. How can I exercise my rights?
The protection of personal data is a fundamental right, and you may at any time contact our dedicated Data Protection Compliance Department by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or, by post sent to the following address: 20 rue Maurice Arnoux, 92120, Montrouge, France.
If you are still not satisfied with the guarantees we offer, you can lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy TSA 80715 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07 or on its website: www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.